Friday, September 26, 2008

Movies: Last Lear review

I am going out on a limb here and extrapolate on a movie I have never seen, nor want to see. The tagline claims that it is BACHCHAN's best performance ever. But here's what I have to say. It is an out and out money making attempt. It is produced by a guy named Arindam CHAUDHARY, a prime-rib Indian capitalist if ever there was one. If there is one thing he knows, its mass-marketing. He's good. But far as BACHCHAN is concerned, well, I am guessing its a 3 hour movie and he's got about 2 hours to himself atleast. He may not be demanding it, but it is expected of him. My friend's mom rightly said. All BACHCHAN has left is his voice and he will ramble in all variations he can conjure. Look at him. In the old days of flim-flam movies, he was the only consistent angry young man. He interspersed it with comedy. The variation at that point of time when life was simpler was nice. But now, its all a variation of the same ole BS. From Babul to KANK to every other crap. Someone told him to act his age. I would tell him to enjoy his time now. Not try so hard. At his age and list of achievements, there is nothing left to prove. Why try? I used to like Abhishek BACHCHAN. Till a movie-making friend of mine said "can you imagine anyone with his looks and abilities becoming a hero in Hindi films?" I still didn't agree with him then till Abhishek started to make more and more films - evidence that he is being really or made to be demanded by producers.

Don't ask me to see this movie. I took out on the poor son for the dad because of the very thought of this movie. They all need good advice.

1 comment:

AK said...

This is the same guy who produced - Rok Sakey Tho Rok Lo - billed as the movie that cannot fail (because the producer has the mantra for a successful movie). Well, the movie bombed at the box-office; I don't recall any critics reviewing it far from commenting on it.

All the main characters in The Last Lear deserve a good movie; I'm a major fan now of AB-senior. Whether he can take it easy in life or not, his hectic schedule and efforts made at work by someone his age is simply amazing. I wish the movie was equally good. I was looking forward to this one.