Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Terminal - English movie

I watched "The Terminal" yesterday. It is a commercial effort on Steven Spielberg's part. The movie had an interesting storyline and seemed inspired by a wait in a lounge (probably an airport lounge). It had all the patches of pop-art. It did keep me from wanting to know the next frame though. The initial parts where Tom Hanks lost his meal vouchers, etc., were ones that even a good horror flick could not make me keep my eyes open. The part where Tom Hanks is the Russian interpreter was not convincing on Tom's part because even if the dialects were different, the effort was very obvious.

The end was most disappointing. I mostly enjoy movies where the end makes you ask for more, or makes you think. There was nothing much to think about after the movie. Though it makes you kill time, thats all it does, kill time.

No comments: